Saturday, December 6, 2014

Softball

So I didn't know what to write about today, and as I thought about it for a while, I have decided to share with you my softball career. (;  I have never played softball before, and a bunch of my friends decided to do a recreational team for fun.  I was not very good but I learned fast.  The games were so much fun, and a huge part of it was from our fan section.  A bunch of the baseball boys and a few others would come to our games and cheer us on, sometimes even coach us at first base.  It was so much fun!  This year we are going to do a Co-ed team, its going to be intense.

After the Rec. season was over my friend Brenna convinced me to try out for the high school summer ball team.  Granted I've only ever played Rec. so I didn't think I would make it, but it was worth a shot to try out.  About 3 hours later I got a call from the coach... I MADE IT!  I was so so nervous, I could barely make a good throw.  That all changed. They made me a lefty slapper (I am originally a righty) I can throw from outfield to home base and I am one of the fastest on the team. 

I have learned to love the game of softball, and I have my coaches to thank for that. My team was like family to me. I am a very shy girl but I warmed up to them so fast, especially my coach Pony... thats not her real name she's just so slow, so we call her Pony(; Haha. My coach didn't just teach me the game of softball, she taught us many other things that I will keep with me for the rest of my life. She was a teacher at a school for the kids with mental abilities. She was such an inspiration to me and my team, just how she would juggle her job and all of our practices, and tournaments we had one almost every weekend in the summer. Love you Pony!
 My Rec. Team!
You could say we're a little in-machure(;

Our first game :)







A fun random shoot we did for softball.
PC:// Alex Challburg
Blog: xoxoelle7.blogspot.com
She's AMAZING!
 One time we played 6 games. It was exhausting.
North Central Texas College Softball 4 girls died in a car crash, so we played for them that day.
Softball booty though... HAHA
 But first... let me take a selfie.
Tournaments were always my favorite!

Last tournament in St. George. Love my team! We had a great season.
Morgan Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment